vrijdag 7 december 2007

Last week

By popular demand I will continue my weblog in English.

Last week I flew 3 solo flights. On the 3rd of december I went to Pinal and Chandler and the day after to Coolidge...
5 December I didn't fly, because my plane was still in maintenance. I wasn't really happy about that, because I got up at 5 in the morning and stayed up till 23.00 the night before to make my navigation plan. But I went home and tried to go back to sleep.

Yesterday I almost got cancelled again! Fortunately Tom called me at 11 o'clock that he had an airplane for me and that I could have it for the rest of the afternoon! Nice! I flew a round trip around Phoenix via Buckeye. When I departed Buckeye and flew to the Southeast I had a close encounter with 2 F18 fighter jets. It was pretty cool to see them so close. They were about 100 feet higher than me and crossed right in front of me! I could see one of the pilots look straight at me when he passed. Fortunately there was no dangerous situation because there was enough seperation between us, but I cannot say that I wasn't surprised.

Today I would have had my D31 flight, the last flight with instructor before my D32 navigationcheck, but I cancelled because of the strong winds and the low cloudlevel. So now I have the whole weekend to prepare my check and study, wich is kind of nice.

Geen opmerkingen: